Monday, October 6, 2008

My Exp in US Consulate and my stay in the North

Hi,


As i told in my previous blog, i will share my exp that i had in de US consulate and my first time visit to northern side of India and tat too to the capital of India. 

For so many reasons, to start with travel in air and de exp in US consulate and finally to the stay in de North even though  it was just one night stay it was all pretty new exp.

I landed in delhi to my dismay an hr later than schedule time due to busy traffic in air in delhi. :)
I booked the cab earlier day itself for pickup from airport to the guest house in Noida. Luckily the cab driver did waited 4 me for more than an hr and he was holding a board with my name. Then i got into the cab and i travelled to my guest house in Noida. To my luck the cab driver did manage to speak and understand the English as it was not the case with one of my colleague who had a torrid time with the another cab driver, when he went there for the same purpose. I finally reached the guest house around 7 PM and i ordered the food in the guest house itself. To my disgust for the dinner i had to spend more than 100 bugs just for few rotties and rice. I thought i could anyhow get the reimbursement from the comp. But still waiting to receive the amt tat i claimed  :)   I didn't feel like eating it by even looking at it. Taken lightly just for the sake of it. Went bac to room and was thinking all night abt wat will happen next day in de US consulate. Felt asleep and got bac early enough to get ready for the challenge and again to my disgust i asked for the cab driver to come around 6:45 for my interview schedule @ 8:15.  But the guy came around 7:30 to pick me up. I felt little nervous as i thought i could not be on time. Faced several challenges to convey to the guest house ppl reg delay in the cab due to the language barrier tat i had. Felt very bad not to have known de national language. I feel most ppl from TN state will face de pblm intially to start with if they visit north. The cab driver did drive fast and i was  there on time

Had the security check up done at the entrants and i waited in the long que thinking and hoping tat i will get thro de interview. Had the doc checked up in the que itself and handed over all the doc to one of the counters along with the HDFC receipt and the lady diverted me to one of the counters inside and i had ten fingers scan been done and then they asked me to stand in que and i was awaiting for my turn to attend the interview. So many things creeps into mind reg wat will happen as i planned so many things reg de future of mine and i did planned accordingly for both de results. There was two panel interviewing and both were ladies one of whom was of US origin and another one look like an Indian origin. I was thinking of which panel i wil be going and as my turn came up i was interviewed by lady who was from US origin. 

The interview started and i submitted all my doc and i greeted her with warm smile. She started to enquire and i was able to answer to all the q's been put across to me. I felt like tat i had convinced her and de interview went 4 around 15 min and once all done i waited for her final reply and she carried some entry work and i felt de nervousness expecting positive response from her. After the silence for few min, she did break the silence stating that your visa had been approved and you will get your passport in couple of days. I was jumping in joy and returned bac to de guest house called few frnds and mom and inform them reg my approval of visa. Got my return flight and landed bac to chn, i felt like bac home and de purpose of visit was thus fulfilled. Felt really happy although i may not be showing it explicitly enough to others which is trademark of resemblance of my char.


No comments: